Tuesday , October 17 2017
Home / Business

Business

All about business..

Tullow gets 4 licences in Côte D’Ivoire

TULLOW OIL Plc has announced that it has acquired 90% stakes in four onshore blocks in Côte d’Ivoire. Petroci, the national oil company of Côte d’Ivoire, holds the remaining 10%. The four blocks – CI 518, CI519, CI301 and CI302 – cover 5,035 square kilometres and located on the coastline …

Read More »

MTN advises mobile money subscribers to stay alert

MTN GHANA has intensified public awareness on mobile money fraud as part of efforts to deal with the menace which is affecting mobile money operations in the country. Mr Prince Nyarko, acting Senior Business Manager of MTN for South East Business District has therefore urged subscribers to stay alert. He …

Read More »

Ghana’s delegation arrives at IMF/World Bank meeting

BY KENT MENSAH   GHANA’S DELEGATION to the 2017 International Monetary Fund (IMF) / World Bank annual meetings has arrived in Washington D.C. The delegation is expected to showcase Ghana’s recent economic recovery efforts to international development partners as well as hold talks with stakeholders to secure more international support for …

Read More »

ASA Savings and Loans holds free medical screening at Abuakwa  

  FROM REV ENOCK AKONNOR, KUMASI OVER A hundred customers of ASA Savings and Loans Limited at Abuakwa, a community located at Atiwma Nwabiaya District in the Ashanti Region have benefited from a one-day free medical screening organised by management of the institution. The event was held in collaboration with …

Read More »

Airtel staff hit streets to sell ‘two amazing’ products

EMPLOYEES OF Airtel have hit the streets of Accra in a series of market visits, otherwise known as ‘market storms’, to promote and educate customers as well as retailers on two new and innovative products – Airtel Sika Kokoo, offering customers five gigabyte of data at the unbeatable cost of …

Read More »

MTN appoints new regional Vice President 

MTN GROUP has announced the appointment of Ebenezer Asante as Vice President (VP) of the expanded Southern and East Africa and Ghana (SEAGHA) Region, effective October 1, 2017. The role became vacant when then VP, Godfrey Motsa, was appointed Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of MTN South Africa. Karl Toriola, VP …

Read More »

Shell launches new app to make driving fun

  VIVO ENERGY Ghana has reinforced its leadership in innovation by launching onto the Ghanaian market, a new app for motorists with the more exciting and extensive features in the oil marketing industry. The Shell app, which is available on Google Play Store on Android and Apple Store for IOS, …

Read More »

MTN Ghana awards 20 teachers scholarships worth GH¢125,000

BY ROSEMOND BOATENG ADDAI Rosemond.adjetey@yahoo.com MTN GHANA, as part of the activities to commemorate Teachers Day yesterday, has awarded 20 teachers scholarships at a cost of GH¢125,000.00 under the MTN Teachers’ Improvement Awards Programme for 2017 / 2018 academic year. Presenting the awards, Mrs Pala Asiedu Ofori, Acting Corporate Services …

Read More »

First Lady to speak at EWN annual conference

THE FIRST Lady, Mrs Rebecca Akufo-Addo, will chair and speak at the Executive Women Network (EWN) annual conference scheduled for October 20, 2017 at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel. Mrs Akufo-Addo agreed to this  when members of EWN, a non-profit organisation of women in senior management and executive positions in private …

Read More »

Dawa Irrigation dam poses danger to  community

BY ROSEMOND BAOTENG ADDAI Rosemond.adjetey@yahoo.com DAWA, a community in Ningo Prampram area in the Greater Accra Region whose main occupation is farming, has commended the former government for the construction of the dam in the community.  The project, which cost GH¢570,903 was under the petroleum revenue allocated for rehabilitation under …

Read More »