Note: All hands should be washed well
To be supervised by parents
How to make sponge cake at home
200 grams cake flour sifted
2 tablespoon baking powder
100 grams butter
8 whole eggs separated
300 grams sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla essence.
- Sift the flour and baking powder three times.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat. Let it cool down.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks. Beat egg whites until they become white and frothy. Add sugar little by little and continue beating until sugar dissolves.
- Add the egg yolks and beat for about 5 minutes. After that, add the dry ingredients, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix well using a rubber spatula.
- Pour the sponge cake batter into an 11-inch round pan that has been greased with butter and floured.
- Preheat oven to 180 C degrees and bake the cake for 30 minutes.
- The cake is ready when you can lightly press on it with your finger and it bounces back (and also when a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.)
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down.
- Serve with soft drink and enjoy it.