MAKEUP GHANA, a social enterprise known for creating a unifying platform for stakeholders in the beauty industry in Ghana, is set to hold the 2nd Ghana Makeup Awards on April 28, 2018 at the Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel.
According to theChief Executive Officer of Makeup Ghana, Ms Rebecca Donkor, “We are expanding the categories based on suggestions and feedback from the industry. The first edition of the Ghana Makeup Awards, which was held on August 27, 2016 at the La Palm Royal Beach Hotel, had 18 categories, including an award for a trailblazer in the industry.”
In an interview with the DAILY HERITAGE, Ms Donkor said “In this year’s awards, we have added some new categories and had regional tours to get the regions more involved.
“The Ghana Makeup Awards is an industry award for the makeup and beauty industry aimed at fostering excellence, by rewarding and celebrating pioneers, leading professionals and upcoming talents within the industry, as well as businesses and brands who are contributing to economic growth,” she added.
The categories for the 2nd Ghana Makeup Awards are:
- Makeup Artist Categories
- Makeup Artist of the Year
- Best Special Effects Makeup Artist
- Best Editorial Makeup Artist
- Best Bridal Makeup Artist
- Best Celebrity Makeup Artist
- Most Promising Makeup Artist
- Brand & Business Categories
- Best Makeup for Television
- Makeup Retailer of the Year
- Makeup School of the Year
- Ghanaian Owned Brand of the Year
- Makeup Product of the Year
- Skincare Product of the Year
- Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Makeup Brand of the Year
- Content Categories
- Makeup Blog of the Year
- Makeup Vlog of the Year
- Special Award Categories
- Life Achievement
- Most Glamorous Celebrity
- Excellence in Makeup Photography
- Excellence in Hairstyling
- African Makeup Icon
The 2nd Ghana Makeup Awards process and format will be as follows:
- STEP 1: Public Nominations
- STEP 2: Shortlisted Nominees. The best nominees from the Public Nomination and nominations from the industry, will be used by the Awards Board to select a MAXIMUM of 7 Shortlisted Nominees per Award Category.
- STEP 3: Official Nominations. Shortlisted Nominees submit their official nominations to satisfy all requirements for their Award Category to the Awards Board.
- STEP 4: The Award Judges and the Award Board will select a MAXIMUM of 4 Finalists per Award Category, to compete officially for the 2nd Edition of the Ghana Makeup Awards.
- STEP 5: Judging & Public Voting. The 4 Finalists will be scored based on live tasks by the Award Judges, the Awards Boards and through Public Voting to receive an Overall Score.
- STEP 6: Awards Night. Winners for each category will be announced on April 28, 2017.
Makeup Ghana’s main aim is to bring together makeup professionals, makeup brands, beauty retailers and fashion and beauty content creators in Ghana, under one umbrella, to propel the industry forward.
BY: ERICA ARTHUR