BY MUNTALLA INUSAH
OVER 100 combined forces of personnel of the National Security, the Bureau of National Investigations, the military and the Ghana Police Service are expected to provide protection and monitor any unforeseen development during the two-day premiering of undercover journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas’s expose’, which begins today.
According to Tiger-Eye PI, a total of 12,000 Ghanaians are expected to watch the much-talked-about investigative piece, with each session accommodating 1,500 people.
Latif Abubakar, the Project Manager of the latest expose’ dubbed, #Number 12#, told the DAILY HERITAGE yesterday that Ghanaians should ignore threats of bombing and feel free to watch the video.
He said not less than 100 security offices would guard the venue.
“Security-wise, we are ready. As we speak, we are with the security apparatus at the venue strategising for tomorrow (today). We are expecting about 1,500 people to watch each of the eight shows at the conference centre between tomorrow and Thursday,” he stated.
Mr Abubakar told the paper that the Tiger Eye PI team is ready for the overwhelming number of Ghanaians who are itching to watch the video.
“We know Ghanaians are eager to watch how things unfolded in the whole piece which took over two years to do, as my boss himself has said. So far, we expect about 12,000 people to watch the shows at the Conference Centre between Wednesday and Thursday,” Latif who is also a playwright, earlier told Francis Abban on the ‘Morning Starr yesterday.
The yet-to-be-aired video, which is based on malpractices within the country’s football arena, has seen the President of the Ghana Football Association, Mr Kwesi Nyantakyi, facing charges of fraudulently using President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s name in the investigative piece.
Also in the video are the names of some 15 Ghanaian referees involved in some alleged corrupt activities and captured in the video.