Friday , December 14 2018
Home / Sports / Andre Ayew was our top attacking target — Says Fenerbahce Sporting Director

Andre Ayew was our top attacking target — Says Fenerbahce Sporting Director

DAMIEN COMOLLI, Fenerbahce Sporting Director, has revealed that getting Andre Ayew into the team for the coming season is high on their priority list in terms of summer acquisitions for the attacking role.

Ayew completed a season-long loan move to the Turkish club from English Championship side, Swansea City, and he was unveiled at a press conference on Friday.

The former West Ham player flew into Istanbul earlier last week after successful discussions between his representatives and Swansea City. He had to end his pre-season training with Swansea to head to Turkey to get the move across the line.

Comolli, who has worked with Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham, in his career, told the media that Ayew was their main target as they thought of strengthening the team’s attack for the coming season.

“We are delighted to welcome Andre Ayew to the club. He is our fourth signing of the summer.He was the main target we thought of for the wide attacking position. He was head coach Philip Cocu’s main choice and he was mine as well and we are absolutely delighted that he has joined us.

“He is in very good shape because he has been training with Swansea in the last few weeks and the coach will decide if he will be part of the team for our next friendly against Cagliari on Wednesday August 1.”

About michael adjei

Check Also

Under-17 FIFA Women World Cup: Black Maidens face Mexico in semi-finals Sunday

GHANA WILL face Mexico in the quarter-finals of the FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup on …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *